Saturday, August 14, 2010

Unicorn Watch, Day One.

I attempted to gauge the possibility of revealing my husband's inner Unicorn today.  I'm not encouraged, but I'm not entirely discouraged either.  Loose transcript of the conversation:

Me: You know honey, I think I'm going to go out to STL to see Breaking Dawn with TwihardBFF.  That'll mean two trips out there next year ...

Panda: You're going to fly.  On an airplane. To see your silly vampire movie.

Me:  It's not silly, and it's not all about vampires you know. 

Panda:  Really.  Because Cedric Diggory brooding about a whiny brunette isn't silly.

Me:  Oh, this judgment is valid from YOU?  The man wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt?

Panda:  At least it's not a bullshit teenage movie series.  I hate that crap.

Me:  There's a thin line between love and hate.  Just sayin'.

So there you have it.  I am a firm believer that hate and love are both passionate emotions, and the opposite of both is apathy.  Panda's not apathetic.  Hmm.  Maybe I'll turn him while on the airplane to Disney ... if I only have Twilight in the carry-on to read, it'll either be that or a two-plus-hour flight of listening to his daughter say ARE WE THERE YET ARE WE THERE YET OOOH CAN I HAVE A DRINK ARE WE THERE YET?

Unicorn Watch continues ...

No comments:

Post a Comment