Monday, August 9, 2010

The Results Are In.

hose damned My final grade is ready to go.  I can't believe that my undergraduate career is finally over.  After sixteen years ... I'm done.  Sixteen years.  Relocating 150 miles from home.  A marriage.  A child.  A divorce.  The appearance of my Panda.  The loss of my mother.  The disappearance of my Panda.  The reappearance of my Panda.  Marriage in Jamaica.  Becoming insta-mom to my now 10 1/2 year old stepdaughter. Three jobs, five cars, and a partridge in a damned pear tree.

Anyhow, sixteen years are up.  And I'm done.

Until, of course, I start back to pursue my MBA in November.

I thought that I'd feel differently than I feel today.  I thought I'd be jubilant, ecstatic, even giddy.  But no.  Right now, I feel almost ... scared.  I guess that I've been at this for so long that I don't know what to think.  As a good friend said, sometimes we prefer the evil that we know to the possibilities that we don't.

My lovely husband relinquished the TV tonight for 130 glorious minutes.  I got to watch New Moon in 61" of hi-def 7-channel surround-sound glory.  Ahhh, it was lovely.  I got my Pack on in peace.  I think that it's likely my favorite book and movie so far.  This runs counter to most of my other Twi-types, I know.  But I really like the ancillary stories ... the Quileute tribe, the Volturi, and even the rest of the Guard.  I think they did a great job casting Aro.  And I still want to donkey punch Rosalie.  I know I'll like her better in Breaking Dawn (but not all that much after all), but I still want to grab her blonde hair and crack her one.

Off to watch Top Gun for the eleventybillionth time, and to crash out.  I'm rather sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment