Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Inspiration.

subtitled: get off your ass and do something already.

My buddy Lunasea suggested that a few folks challenge ourselves to write something - anything - every day during the month of September.  I think that's a smurfy idea.

Right now, however, I think I've gotten lazy again.  For some reason, I just haven't felt much like writing the past few days.  I've had plenty going on, just don't feel like writing.  I have no excuse.  None.  I can even blog from my beloved Droid (thanks, Blogaway!), but my lazy ass just hasn't.

I have, however, started re-reading Twilight.  Twilight BFF tells me that I have now officially crossed over to the dark side.  Whatever.  Just don't call me a Twi-Hard, or I'll have to cut you.

I'm spending a lot more time actually concentrating on the story line and the character development with this run-through.  As a mom of a preteen with questionable self-esteem levels, I find it a challenge to like Edward.  I find him pushy, overbearing, domineering, and bordering on emotionally abusive.  That said, I understand him a lot better now.  Knowing what I know now ... and considering the fact that he's actually 117 not 17 ... makes a lot more sense. 

Also, since vampires have heightened senses and emotions on all levels after the conversion ... it stands to reason that Edward would be quite a bit more emotionally invested in Bella. 

But do you know of a single teenager or young adult with the cognitive ability to analyze a character's actions that deeply?  Didn't think so.

Off to read a bit and then crash out.  I'm quite tired lately.  Back to school is every bit as tough on the momma as it is on the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment