Sunday, September 12, 2010

This weekend was made of FAIL.

See, I had the best of intentions with this whole "Blogtember" thing.  You know what they say about the road to hell, right?

Anyhow, yeah.  FAIL.

Friday morning brought me to my stepdaughter's IEP intake meeting.  She has binaural hearing loss, mild to moderate.  She also has inattentive type ADD.  Oh, and a proclivity to lie if the mood strikes ... as it does pretty much every time her mouth moves.  The meeting went relatively well, with the psychologist planning to do some executive function testing to help the teachers help her learn more effectively.

As we were leaving the school, I noticed that my back passenger window was down.  I thought to myself "self, that's odd.  You didn't leave that down, did you?"  I tried to roll it up and a disconcerting crunching noise occurred.  I almost vomited.

After making a $400 donation to MAG BMW, my window regulator was replaced.  I know this is an issue with E46's, but still I am PISSED that I had to borrow money from Panda (his "my kid screwed up and doesn't get to go to Disney money), and I'm PISSED that I had to waste it.  Well, it's not wasted, but you know what I mean.

Saturday brought my stepdaughter getting assaulted by some neighborhood punks in the front yard because of what she was wearing.  My formerly nice neighborhood has been run over by morons that think it socially acceptable to form a "community" and exclude everyone else.  Then they allow their children to assault others, because they don't like the color of their skin / religious preferences.  Um, not OK.  So the cops were called, a report made, and now my kids can't go out in their own front yard and play.  Awesome.  I was already considering Catholic school for the kids, and I think that this is pushing me even further toward my decision.

Today, as a result of not sleeping much last night, I laid down for a short nap after Sports Reporters ... and slept right through 12:15 Mass.  UGH.  At least I finished making most of our shirts for Disney.

Speaking of Disney - I now have New Moon and Twilight on iTunes and my iPod Touch for the trip.  My daughter is excited - she's wanted to see Twilight for a while and I'm saving it for the airplane ride.  

This week will suck - I just need to make it to Friday. I can do this!  This time next week ... I'll be a college graduate!  My dad, his lovely wife, and my grandma are coming down to witness the ceremony.  I haven't decided what I plan to wear yet.

Time for bed.  Just watched a damn good Cowboys loss. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a weekend. Glad there are some positives that can be found in there though! :) I am sorry that your stepdaughter was assulted. How awful. I am having less and less tolerance for intolerance. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete